Thursday, September 6, 2007

"...To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die."








I miss my brother. It's been one of those days--when everywhere I turn I'm reminded of him. The song "Missing You" by P-Diddy came on the radio this morning and I just about lost it. Then, immidiately following was "Stronger", by Kanye West. Ry loved Kanye, and so everytime I hear the big K bustin' out "Gold Digga" I have to smile, even though my stomach feels like it's being pulled out through my belly button. I can just picture him in his truck, rockin' out, bobbing his head and talking in that slow drawl with his crooked smile. Some of my last memories with him were of us, just the two of us, sitting on the tailgate listening to music and looking at the stars. We would always see who could point out the Big Dipper, or Orion's belt. The pictures above are from the last Easter we were all together. We had so much fun that day.... As a family tradition, after Church, we head back to Nanny and Grampa's for lunch, then the whole family goes out in the field and we all fly kites together. No joke. We seriously do this every year. :) As usual, Ry and my then-fiance' were picking on each other, seeing whose kite could get the highest. (As you can see, my darling hubby ended up running from the cows...they were quite interested in him, but he was not at all willing for them to take a closer look!) It was one of those events for me that is permanently imprinted on my brain. Every day, I regret that Baby C will never get to meet his uncle, but I'm hoping to do lots to help him feel like he did. Ry is going to be the material for those magical bedtime stories that all children love to hear their parents tell. I can already hear him--"Mom, tell me the one where..." :) It'll be great.













No comments:

Post a Comment