Thursday, September 13, 2007



It's that darn song again. It's so annoyingly addictive--I heard it on the radio coming home, and even though my fingers flew to change the station, it was too late. "I'm in tha' club hollerin' ay bay-bay, ay bay-bay..." Argh! Honestly, you can't help but bob your head to the beat on that jam, even if it does make you want to poke your ear drums with sharp sticks.



Pirates of the Caribbean is on USA for the 584th time, and there's nothing better to do, so I'm tuned in. When the baby-daddy and I watch this, we always end up talking like Pirates to each other. Somehow, we find that realllly funny. We're kinda weird, don't ask. "AAAlloooo poppet..." :)

Another long day at the office, but I'm really quite tired of talking about that. So, I'll talk about something else.... This time next month, the hubby and I will be in NYC!! Since I can't bear to be away from the bebe' for any extended amount of time, the hubby and I decided to do a quick trip to a place we've both always wanted to go--the Big Apple! I was pretty excited about the whole thing in the beginning, but now I'm starting to get nervous about leaving my little muffin behind, but more than that, I'm pretty much petrified thinking about the whole flying thing. I used to be fine with flying, but recently it's really started to scare me. I think probably that movie United 93, and then the crash last year of Flight 5191 really set me on edge a little more than I thought at the time. I know, I know, the statistics show that you're much safer on a plane than in a car, but still--at least in a car you have a chance. Plane crashes are pretty much the end of the story. And I know it sounds silly, but my little muffin makes me think about all this stuff a lot more. I don't ever want him to be without me. So, in summary, I'm pretty much a big weenie, and they'll probably have to sedate me before I board the plane. I'm sure we'll have a good time once there--I'm pretty pumped about getting to see all the cliche' places, like Central Park, Times Sq., and the Statue of Liberty. And it will be a wonderful chance for my better half and I to get out of town for a bit. We haven't been on a proper vacation in a reeeeally long time. As many of you may recall, our last attempt at a nice trip ended in a hurricane and a week of eating nothing but rice. :( So this will be our first time away together for more than a weekend since then, and I am looking forward to it for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment