Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I have reached a new low...

So this morning was a little hectic. Okay-- A LOT hectic. The Baby-Daddy was already at work, so I was having to hold down the fort. When I started combing my hair with my toothbrush, I realized I was probably getting a bit stressed. I had to keep poking my head out of the bathroom door to make sure Baby C hadn't swallowed my cell phone, or thrown himself off the bed. Thankfully, a new episode of The Wiggles was on, and he was pretty much screaming in delight. Heck--the episodes we've seen 4,567 times still make him scream in delight, unfortunately for me of course... Needless to say, I was not paying much attention as I threw on clothes, grabbed some shoes, the baby, and my keys, and flew out the door. I thought that I was walking funny, but was in too much of a hurry to really think about it. During the walk across the parking lot at work, I knew something was up. Did I have something stuck on the bottom of my shoe? Was my heel broken? I was, without a doubt, walking noticeably uneven. I look on the bottom of each shoe, and everything seems in order, so I continue on. Once in the office, I sit down and cross my legs, and notice----I HAVE ON TWO DIFFERENT SHOES. And there is a good half-inch difference in the size of the heels.
Pay no mind to my crooked toes--those are a gift from my father, (thanks Daddy). And you could say that the shoes are similar. At least it served to lighten the atmosphere in our otherwise, (did I use the word hellish already--yes, I think I did yesterday...)office. Again, another crappy day. Today, I actually got into a semi-screaming match with a student. Not a good thing obviously. My boss wisely intervened before I threw my staple remover at her eye-ball...He was on my side Thank God, so we resolved the situation quickly. I kept wanting to sing that little ditty about "....under pressure", da-da-da-da-dum, "Pushin' down on me, pressin' down on you...."

No comments:

Post a Comment