Monday, September 24, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like October... :)

Geez--it's been a while eh? The weekend in summary: I worked 12 hours, (that's right, I said TWELVE) on Thursday. The office was in complete chaos. Friday, I only had to work a half-day, thank God, otherwise I probably would have had some kind of brain rupture. I had a lovely afternoon with my mother-in-law--I know, aren't I lucky?? :) We had lunch at a coffee shop on Main, and then went shopping. We went to a cute Primitives Store, and the bebe' found a Boyd's Bear that he just loved. Of course he threw a complete spastic fit when we tried to put it back on the shelf, (the thing was $30 dollars, are you kidding me?!) So, we found a really cute little TY stuffed puppy, (much more reasonable at $6 dollars) and he was placated. We came home and took an afternoon nap, had an uneventful evening, and went to bed. Saturday, I worked a half-day--again, not even worth the time it takes to talk about it--that place sucks up enough of my energy as it is... When I got home Saturday, the muffin, the hubby, and I went shopping. Supposed to be 'just looking'... :) Needless to say, we came home with lots of stuff we probably didn't need. We went to a nearby Garden Ridge, and the muffin went nuts over all the Christmas decorations. The lights, the trees, the inflatable front yard snow globes.... he loved them all. We are going to have so much fun this year!! He wanted to hug every Snow Man and Santa Clause we passed.


I can't wait for the season to start! (That of course means October 1st for me--My BFF and I break out Jingle Bells at work on October 1st.) :) Now, really. Don't bother babbling on about "rushing" things, or enjoying the other holidays because I do! They're all a splendid build up for the best Holiday of the Year! Fall is my favorite season, and I love all the munchies at Thanksgiving, but I find that the more I get myself psyched up for Christmas, the more fun it is!


Sunday was a good day too. We went to church, then to the Barrel for lunch, and ended up at a local flea market. After wandering around there for a bit, we headed home for a quiet afternoon. I had a new recipe from Mom that I made for dinner. It was a Chicken Stovetop Bake, which the hubby said was really good, but I couldn't eat it. I have a SERIOUS aversion to chicken. I'm fine if it's cooked, but if I have to handle it/cut it up raw, I can't eat whatever I've made. No joke--it makes me nauseous just thinking about it... blech. But anyway, he enjoyed it, which I guess was the silver lining. After telling Mom about it today, she suggested I ask my butcher to 'cut it up' for me the next time I go to the deli section. Seriously. Like I'm going to ask the pimply little weirdo behind the meats counter to chop my chicken. **Rolling eyes** He would probably choke on his tongue ring. I guess my Mom is just from another era.
Well, Prison Break is over--another good episode, but next week's looks even better. Just time now to wait around until The Hills. And boy, am I ready for The Hills. It helps me realize that there are more important things in life than jobs and families. Things like designer shoes, bad boyfriends, and crappy, over-dramatized cat fights. :)





UPDATE: Just to prove that I can be psyched about Fall and Christmas at the same time--look what I saw today driving home from work!!! I was super excited! Pumpkin carving time!!!! And by the way, the driver had to be way talented. I drove behind him for quite a while, and he never lost a pumpkin!



No comments:

Post a Comment