Saturday, August 25, 2007

We made it through!!







I have successfully survived the first night away from my child! He spent last night with Granny C while Daddy and I went to the local Comedy Club with his work buddies. I did not cry, nor did I call excessively and/or otherwise embarrass myself. I am suitably proud. **taking a bow**

I worked for a half-day and after coming home and collecting ourselves, Daddy, the bebe', and I went to the State Fair. We had so much fun! First up on our agenda was a visit to the animal exhibition area. I was a bit disappointed to find that all the rabbits and birds had gone home. (I always enjoyed agitating the roosters to make them crow--someone should have spanked me). So, we were left to wander among the sheep and pigs. The little one was pretty facinated with the pigs. Daddy was not. Everytime I got within spitting distance of a piggie he would start squawking. "Get away from there--you're too close...", "Dont you know hogs will eat anything if they're hungry? Don't you think he look hungry?" , "Watch it! He's sniffing his toes! HE'S GOING TO EAT HIS TOES!" Blah, blah, blah. :) Of course, the bebe' just snorted when his toes got sniffed--he knew he was in no danger with that piece of pork chop. We worked our way through all the exhibitions, and the flea market section, and then headed home. We ate so much I thought I would be sick. Let's just be honest and lay it all out there: There was Cotton Candy, (LOTS of cotton candy), lemonade, corn dogs, fried cookie dough, grilled corn with butter dripping everywhere...let's see, am I leaving anything out?? Ugh.

We hurried home after the fair, and jumped straight into getting ready for the evening. The husband and i had tickets to go see a comedian at the local Comedy Club. The show didn't start until quite late, so we had arranged for the bebe' to spend the night with his Granny. We dropped him off around 8:30 and headed out to eat. It felt really weird not asking for a high chair, but it was really fun. We had a great time at the Club. The opening act was some greasy, obnoxious Italian guy with hair that kept falling into his eyes. Needless to say, I was NOT impressed. Then, out came James Gregory! With the alleged title of 'funniest man in America', (which after last night I will not challenge), he lumbered onto the stage and delivered one of the funniest stand-up acts I have ever seen! He hails from Georgia, and he catagorizes his comedy as "front-porch" humor. Lots of southern, (but not redneck) material. I'll try to find a video to post.... I laughed until my voice cracked, and I thought I was going to chuck up my Tony Roma ribs. It was great! Plus, I got to dress up in a cute outfit, wear makeup, big earrings, and let my hair down from my perma-ponytail. I did miss the bebe'--especially when we got home and the house was so quiet and empty--but I know it was good for all of us, and good practice for Granny for our upcoming NYC trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment