Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Greatest Show on Earth

What a lazy day! I spent the majority of the morning in my very comfy bathrobe, sipping on some bad coffee, (I have yet to get the hang of making good coffee, which is alarming...) and playing with the bebe'. Still recuperating from our "Parent's Night Out", I decided to nap a little when Baby C went down for the morning. We slept for 3 1/2 hours! We got up and rushed around getting ready for the Circus--which we were due to be at in less than an hour and a half. We finally got ourselves organized and headed out to meet AS and crew. We had a great time, and everyone behaved flawlessly. All the kiddies seem to have really enjoyed themselves. Of course, I did see somewhat of a distored picture, from behind the crazy bouncing boy on my lap. By far, his favorite act was the 'Globe of Death'--with 7, yes that's right, SEVEN dirt bikes screeching around in this thing, it was a sight to behold. Even Daddy was pretty impressed with that. My favorites were the trained dogs and cats, (domestic, I'm talking about here, not the big cats, although they were impressive as well). The little dogs were so cute! They had a tiny little chihuahua riding on a saddle on the back of a great dane! They were adoreable. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was that there were no longer three rings. Everything was based around this story of a family who had dreams to be in the circus, and their journey finding their perfect job. I prefer the circus of my childhood--nix the story, and have three rings of constant craziness!! That seemed so much more fun. But the show was really well done, with a lot of really cool acts. It was an afternoon well spent, and now I'm getting ready to attempt to get my squirmy worm of a child to calm down and go to sleep. I have a feeling it will be a bit of a battle, due to the combination of cotton candy, puffs, biter biscuits, and lemonade, (I know, another day of bad eating--)that the little one ingested.















No comments:

Post a Comment