Saturday, August 4, 2007

Grrrrrr.....

After the idyllic start to our day, the end was pretty much a disaster. Caden's first professional pictures are tomorrow, (I know, we're running a bit behind with that...)and I wanted to find him something cute to wear. So I decide we're going to run to Hamburg this afternoon to hit Babies R' Us and Old Navy. Apparently, there is some road work happening on I-75, so we run into pretty much bumper-to-bumper traffic like 5 or 6 miles from our exit. Not to be slowed down, I decide to go the back way, and get off the Paris/Lexington exit. Unfortunately, I DON'T KNOW THE BACK WAY. So I call my Baby-Daddy, frantically trying to describe where I am in order for him to tell me the quickest way to get to where I'm going. He tries to instruct me, but due to the fact that i forget directions almost as soon as he tells them to me, he finally yells at me to just stay on the phone as I'm driving. Fun. Real fun. So, that pretty much started my downward spiral.

We finally make our way into Babies R Us, WHICH IS A MADHOUSE. There are crazy big pregnant ladies everywhere!! I felt really sorry for them--I remember when i was in their shoes, and BOY does it get old quick! So I pick up a cool, cushie cover for shopping carts and high chairs, more for my comfort than Bebe' C's, as I am pretty much a germaphobe, and grab another Sippy Cup, (Avent this time, which hopefully will be better than the super-leaky Gerber pieces of crap that we got at Wal-Mart--Baby Mamma's, for the sake of your sanity, stay away from the Nubby!!!) At this point, we make a running dash through the clothing section, the main pupose for my visit mind you, and nada. Not a thing he could wear for his pictures. Bah!

Our sojourn into Old Navy was so brief, it doesn't even really deserve a mention. Madhouse, take two, again with no suitable digs for the kiddie. I throw up my hands, admit defeat, and head home.

My son is an absolute angel the entire afternoon. It's as if he knows there is no room for any funny business with Mommy. He played quietly, ate all of his veggies, and even smiled when I changed his diaper. The most exciting development, (I feel as though we've been having a lot of these lately...) occured when we were playing in the floor of his room. As soon as I sat him down on the floor, he promptly crawled over to his crib, and pulled himself up! You would think he would be content with his newly discovered ability to crawl, but heck no, not my child! On to pulling up! I've made a mental note to try to get this on video tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment