Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just another Manic Monday...Oh Wait -- is this Tuesday?

My Deli Selects Microwaveable Mini-sub just left a swath of barbecue sauce destruction down my left boob. Ugh. This is TOTALLY what I get for trying to eat in my cubicle. Today it's ugly and raining. I have a quarter of a tank of gas, and I have nowhere better to be, so I'm lunching solo in my cell. I figured, "Hey, what the heck -- I'll be tired later and won't want to blog...so no time like the present!" So here I am, greasy fingers and all. Oops. A crumb just got lodged between B and N. No wonder IT hates me so much. After I spilled coffee on Keyboard #3, they don't really seem to want to hang out with me anymore.



So the Muffin cried for me when I left him at the babysitter's. (Babysitter = Mother-in-law). It was a small victory for me, even if it was a bit painful. No sooner than "Mommy's going Bye-bye" left my lips, I found a quite stocky 15-month-old attached to my left ankle. "NONONONONOnononono!!!" (This of course accompanied by frenzied head-shaking.) I had a flashback to my first day of Kindergarten, when I myself was locked in this same position with my Mom. It's one of my very first memories. I remember thinking that the classroom smelled funny, not at all like home, and then I had the crazy roller-coaster-bottom-of-my-tummy-falling-out feeling. It was totally uncool. So I tried to empathize with my kiddo. I pried him away from my leg, tossed him in the general direction of the couch, and ran out the door. (Have you called Child Services yet? Are you crazy? I'M KIDDING!) Really, I almost started crying myself, (I'm such a sop), and it took me about ten minutes to convince the Muffin that Granny was going to give him a banana if he stayed. With that, he promptly toddled in the direction of the kitchen to wait patiently beneath the fruit bowl. Ah kids.



Well, the mini-sub has been eaten, and I left my novel in the car (which is parked in the crappy overflow lot across the street because I got here late), so I'm going to go and get it. By the way, I stayed up later than normal last night, (this being around 10:45pm -- gasp -- in order to finish Eleanor Rigby, by Douglas Coupland....I loved it in case you were wondering), and so now I'm sleepy. I may jaunt down to the corner coffee shop and grab a latte to shake things up a bit. Hopefully I'll still be awake in a few hours.

1 comment: