Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Letter to my Muffin


You are fifteen months old today. This afternoon when I pulled in to pick you up after work, I could see your mile-wide toothy smile and your pudgy little arms waving from the end of the street. I could tell you were saying "Mommy! Mommy!" as you ran toward me. You threw your arms around my legs and laughed. You are such a beautiful boy!

We have to watch you constantly when we're out playing in the yard because of your crazy obsession with wheels. When you see a car drive down the street, you start to chase it like a rabid dog. We went to a car dealership the other day to look at getting something with more room for you and all your stuff. (You truly DO have that much stuff). The look you had on your face when you saw all those cars reminded me of the way I felt in the M&M Factory Store in New York, surrounded from floor to ceiling with chocolate. You were pumped! I could see all the car salesman laughing at me as they watched me chase you from one end of the lot to the other.

You love books. (You definitely get that from me, I'm proud to say!) We read about forty of them every night. You love to read Peter Rabbit and Winnie the Pooh stories. You can point out all of the characters when I ask you, and when you get it right, you clap your little hands like you've just won the lottery. I still rock you to sleep every night. That's my favorite time with you. We get Blue Bunny and your blanket, and snuggle up in the rocker. I watch your eyes flutter and finally close. Then you start to snore. (THAT, you get from your father.)

You are learning things so fast! You understand so much that I didn't realize. The other day, I was trying to find your shoes, and I noticed I hadn't heard you for a moment. I went in your room and found you on the floor, grunting as you tried to push your feet into your sneakers.

You are still in your 'picky-eater' phase. We have a revolving menu of Grilled Cheese sandwiches, pizza, chicken nuggets, and applesauce. Anything else that gets remotely close to your mouth is met with a shake of your head and a loud "uh-uh!" Not so much on trying new things. But, I'm sure you'll grow out of it. Maybe.

I'm so excited for warm weather. Your Daddy and I have our eyes on a totally cool Crab Sandbox, which I know we will all have a blast in. I can't wait for all the fun we're going to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment