Sunday, April 6, 2008

I've just finished my homework for the evening. It's a Conflict Resolution class. The really grand thing about it is that I work for the school --Several of my coworkers take classes, and a lot of the students know me already. So when the teacher asks us to detail a current work conflict, I have to try to make something up. If I didn't, everyone would know who I was talking about and I would be s-c-r-e-w-e-d. Talk about some water-cooler gossip. Someone would probably put rancid half-and-half in my coffee. So even though I have a thousand current conflicts I could use, I have to spend a crazy amount of time trying to think things up! Grrrrrr. At least I'm done for the night.

The Muffin and I were on the road today. My grandmother is in the hospital recovering from some weird something that I can't think of the name of. The good thing is, she should be able to go home tomorrow, barring all natural disasters. We spent a good deal of the day closed up in her hospital room. The Muffin. Me. Sick people. Tiny room. Need I say more? Honestly, he did surprisingly well, and my Mom was there to shepherd him out into the hallway to chase wheelchairs when he got too crazy. And boy, did he give some of those patients a run for their money! He also made a new friend in the janitor, who let him play briefly with the floor buffer. THAT was a good time... His favorite thing however, was pushing the call button for the nurses. After the 3, 446th time, the voice in the box said, "Awww, is this that sweet baby ag-aaain? Now ya'll just holler if ya need somethin' else..." No joke. We tried to hide the little remote control thing under the pillow, but the Muffin would sneak over in the corner and pull it out. By the time you figured out where he was and went around the bed to get him, he was already furiously clicking away and giggling. The good thing is that all this action tired him out pretty good, and so he slept all the way home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment