Friday, April 18, 2008

Staff Appreciation Day!!


I'm going to the races!!! Thank God my boss is a racing fan! Every year, we have our 'Staff Appreciation Day' at our local racing track. We get paid to gamble and drink beer -- AND it's Friday. Truly, how much better can it get?! (Now talk to me on Monday, and I bet I'll be singing a different tune...)
Regardless, today is not Monday, and in approximately 45 minutes I will be standing in the sunshine with my friends, holding my betting ticket in one hand, and something alcoholic and cold in the other. It's going to be a fine afternoon. :)
In other news, my gal pal Jess from the Country is coming up this weekend! She's hit a bit of a crappy streak for the last few weeks, and so we are going to have a much-deserved 'girls weekend'. Of course, I use that term quite loosely. Us 'girls' will also be joined by the Muffin and his snot faucet (it still hasn't turned off), and BabyDaddy. Nevertheless, we should have a good time together. I've rented 'The Brave One' with Jodi Foster. From the previews, I gather that it's about a really angry woman who goes on a violent shooting rampage. It's JUST what Jess needs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment