Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Thanks


I am thankful for slip-n-slides (even though BabyDaddy was too much of a weenie to join the Muffin and I on our newly purchased one yesterday). I am thankful for catty, gossip-saturated phone conversations, (I miss you Ames!). I am thankful for the delightful (and free) fun offered by a jaunt to our local pond store to pick out three new tadpoles for our little backyard oasis. I am thankful for the joy found in chasing a butterfly. I am thankful for a raggedy hand-picked dandelion - "Here Mama, I got 'dis for you!" I am thankful for the budding friendship of two little boys and the continued friendship of their spunky mothers. I am thankful for bouncy castles and balloon animals at our church carnival. I am thankful that the hymn "How Great Thou Art" is now available in rock, and that the praise band at my church makes you want to get up and dance. I am thankful that sometimes there is no better way to be close to God than to sing to him. I am thankful for afternoons spent in the sun with a good book and a reclining lawn chair. I am thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment