Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Thanks



I am thankful for long weekends. For wet footprints on sidewalks and mud squishing under my feet. I am thankful for a husband that I love, even though he can burp the alphabet, (and doesn't shy away from demonstrating that fact in the most inappropriate situations). I am thankful for the imagination of my son - he has recently decided that he is a cat. He only answers to 'here kitty, kitty', and meows in response to everything you ask him. He will crawl into your lap and lick your cheek in a 'kitty kiss' before he begins to purr. I am thankful that he hasn't decided to be a dog and drink out of the toilet. I am thankful for Sunday afternoon cookouts, impromptu corn hole matches, and friendly trash-talking. I am thankful that I am learning (repeatedly) to be a graceful loser. I am thankful for cakes with butter cream icing. I am thankful that I'm getting to relive the simplest joys of childhood - icy lemonade, earthworms, whistling through a blade of grass, and planting flowers (although I do not miss the childhood impatience. It's unfortunate for children that flowers do not grow in a matter of hours instead of weeks). I am thankful for today.






No comments:

Post a Comment