Saturday, May 16, 2009

Singing in the Rain

Yesterday, we got to dance in the rain. We seem to be in a wee bit of a wet spell - of course everyone is complaining and whining, "I hate the rain! When will it be over? I'm so tired of it!" Blah, blah, blah. But me? I love the rain. Open the floodgates of heaven baby - let it pour! There has always been something slightly magical about rain for me. The way you can smell it, seconds before the first drop falls, and the way the slate gray clouds boil up and surround you before it all lets loose. I think it's wonderful. After the first distant grumble of thunder, Lil' C shouted, "Mommy! Mommy! What's dat noisey?" (I think that's the cutest thing by the way, and it's a recent new development. No matter how many times we correct him, he never says 'What's that noise?" Always, "What's that noisey?") We ran to the big window and watched the storm sweep over us. After the thunder ended and it was just the rain, we went outside. "Oh, Mommy! Es water on me! Es so cold!" We laughed and held out our hands, catching the raindrops in our palms. "I WUV 'da wain Mommy, I WUV it!" I sat on the front step and watched him squeal and giggle. He loved seeing his footprints on the dry part of the sidewalk, and would run out into the rain to make sure he feet were really wet, and then hop like a little frog up the walk. "Wook Mama - do'se are my toes! Wight dere! See?"


No comments:

Post a Comment