Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Thanks

I am thankful for SPF 50 sunscreen slathered on the Muffin before hours spent by our back yard pool. I am thankful for Aloe Vera Gel with lidocaine slathered on me after hours spent by our back yard pool. I am thankful for fresh watermelon, even though the sticky-sweet juice stains hands, hair, mouths, and new t-shirts. I am thankful for chocolate pudding cups - excellent as a potty bribe. (Picture me, if you will, scampering down the hall Pied-Piper style to the toilet, with a pudding cup held aloft and the Muffin traipsing along behind me with arms outstretched. Oh yes, I WOULD stoop to such a level. 5,432 pudding cups later, and we are almost potty-trained.) I am thankful for laptops and the Nick Jr. website - also an excellent tool in potty training. I am thankful for being together with family at church and for the scribbled coloring pages handed over with a joyful, "Hi 'dere Mama! I made 'dis for you!" I am thankful for little boy fingers and little boy bargains. "O-Kay, Daddy. I will take jus' 'dis many shock-o-late cookies....Pwease?"(Holding up four fingers on each hand after much studying and effort.) I am thankful for afternoons spent with the men I love - counting and sorting Hot Wheels, playing endless games of tickle monster, tag, boxing, and the Muffin's new favorite activity, thumb wars. I am thankful for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment