Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Dreams

It all ends up okay in the end. After all that (in the wise words of a dear country friend) a-spreein' and a-squawlin' and a-fussin', BabyDaddy went and brought home that rat rod. And let me just tell you, I did A LOT of the above caterwallin' before, during, and after the blasted thing made its arrival in my garage. But, BD couldn't be happier. I've already caught him sitting out on that empty frame, just running his hands over those beat up fenders at least twice. So I said what the heck - if you can't beat 'em, I guess you might as well just go on and join 'em. So we sat out in that old car and I listened to him dream. At the very end, I almost, just almost, saw that car though his eyes. And I must admit that the thought of dressing up as Bonnie and Clyde for Halloween this year and peeling out of a parking lot in that car did perk me up a bit.




1 comment:

  1. Now I would love to have this car, if he promised it would be finished in a timely manner but for men that is kind of hard. At least it doesn't smell like "death" as he works on it :) Oh and the both of you sitting in it, looks like you are at the mall in one of those tiny little kids ride, I chuckled :)

    ReplyDelete