Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Thanks



I am thankful for summer flowers and water lilies in the fish pond. I am thankful for vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, eaten in the back yard on a hot afternoon. I am thankful for another day of family together at church. I am thankful to be able to listen to my son's precious little boy prayers. ("'Tank you dear God for my dogs, Sadie and Max, and 'tank you for our food, and for Popsicles. In Jesus name I pway, Aaaayyyy-Man.") I am thankful for an afternoon spent with old friends - I miss them, but that's a good thing. It means they are important - it's always good to hang onto to friends - especially those that make you belly laugh. I am thankful for baby shower games ('I still maintain that I SHOULD have won Annie, however I will refrain from trash talking you since I don't see you enough for you to defend yourself.) I am thankful for Double Stuffed Oreo cookies - they have been instrumental in potty training - and also for Oral B Stages toothpaste that tastes like bubble gum so kids like it. It sure cleans up the Muffin's chompers after he's had an especially good potty day and eaten 300 of those Oreos. I am thankful that this is a four day work week. I am thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment