Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ev'erbody loves a redneck gal...

So BabyDaddy put our names in for the state elk lottery. Oh yes, I said 'our' -- meaning plural, padre y' madre, me and my man, out in the woods, brangin' down the big 'un. However, I did remind BD that with his luck, (it has been his life-long dream to get drawn for an elk tag), I will get drawn and he will not. If that is the case, I've already warned him, he better just hide and watch, because there will be no tag donation from me. Mama is going to bring home the bacon.....or the bison, or the venison. Okay whatever, I'd just do it to prove that I could. Ya'll know I wouldn't actually eat that crap.

************




We had a lovely weekend in God's Country, even if we didn't really get to letterbox-- apologies to my Canadian cousin for the dirty, nasty weather - I'm sure that you get quite enough of that up north, but hey - you know how we roll here, 60 degrees one moment, negative 15 the next. Whatcha gonna do..... However, we did get to spend some QT time together, which is always nice. And CC did get in one quick letterbox. Although it was not the experience I had planned for her, I imagine it will have to do in a pinch. And that Mr. T -- what a tiny little dreamboat!


**************


I'm happy to announce that another of my FAVORITE PEOPLE, (they are THAT important -- they get the ALL CAPS treatment), has been baptised into blogdom. Welcome Jess! Ahem, I mean 'Dimpled Darlin'. I will anticipate lots of good reading material. Hey, what are you doing reading this anyway? Go produce some creative genius!


*************





Weekend plans are already in the works. I found myself in one of those must-get-away moods, and in looking at some facebook pics of a friend, (thanks for the inspiration M), we decided to trek to Indianapolis for a visit to the largest children's museum in the world. I am totally pumped, but completely stressed about finding a decent hotel with an indoor pool for the Muffin that won't take a second mortgage to pay for. Cross your fingers for me -- think big pool, little price, no hair in the drains, and a continental breakfast.


*************



To wrap it all up for the evening, so that I can devote my undivided attention to American Idol - which is on like every night this week - I will leave you with some quick recommendations:


First, I took advantage of my free Monday night Redbox rental code to rent 'The Secret Life of Bees'. I had read the book but never gotten around to seeing the movie. You. Should. Watch. I'll leave it at that.







Second -- 'You Spin Me Right Round'. Put this on your iPod. And no Mom, not the version by that old guy from the 80's. Flo-rida. (Yes Mom, that's pronounced FLOW--RIDE--AH). It is the most versatile song, lending itself well to many activities, including treadmill walking/stumbling, which I have been partaking of recently, house cleaning, which I don't do much at all, and most especially, Club Corolla. Do I feel a bootie dance comin' on? I think I doooooooo!

Listen, bob your head, and thank me for bringing this musical brilliance into your ear canals.





No comments:

Post a Comment