Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tatiana - Please. Go. Away.

Are ya'll watching this crap? Tatiana/Cry baby/Psychotic Shrieker just sang/screamed/giggled her way through another Idol performance. WHY, OH WHY DID THEY INVITE HER BACK? Had to be a ratings ploy. It's like Britney Spears, back when she was all wacko, (I hear her new concert tour is quite delightful by the way), and everybody watched the MTV awards show where she stumbled around on stage like semi-catatonic crack-head. You can't help yourself - you have to tune in just to watch the train careen off the tracks one more time. *Sigh* Ah, well, now that my brain has turned to mush, I'm going to go finish packing. We're off to Indy tomorrow! And thank God for that. It has been the looooongest week. I love my job, but this week sure tested my grits, I'll tell you that. I'm ready for it to be this time tomorrow.

Coming soon -- A segment entitled "Getting out of my Fat Jeans". It all hit the fan when I started realizing how I hated to look at recent pictures of myself. I have decided that the time is now; my kid is two years old and it is WAY past time to finish loosing the 'used-to-be-baby-but-now-it's-just-lazy' weight. In the days of yon, I used to either stop eating, take diet pills, or both. Not so much the healthiest way to lose or maintain your body, but it worked, and it worked fast. (And without me having to exercise, mind you, which was usually the point.) I am unfortunately older, and fortunately wiser, and so I'm setting about this a little more realistically. Instead of creating some totally outlandish extreme dieting/3-a-week spinning classes/expensive personal trainer plan, my goals for the beginning stages are simple. 1) Eat better. (AKA, no more 'grazing', late night cheesecake baking, obscene amounts of carbs.) 2) Engage in some sort of physical activity every day. That can be a 20 minute walk, or crunches or Pilates during commercial breaks. So, there you have it. And please realize, my lovelies, that with great power comes great responsibility. You are my accountability partners. I expect constructive, firm comments when I stray from the plan. That is your job. My job is to remain as truthful as possible without completely humiliating myself. Let us begin.

GETTING OUT OF MY FAT JEANS:
Day before yesterday: Walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill at work during my lunch break. 10 reverse push-ups with exercise ball.
Yesterday: Pushed the Muffin (on his 'parent controlled' tricycle, which he thinks is splendid) around the neighborhood for 30 minutes. 50 crunches on exercise ball.
Today: 50 crunches on my exercise ball, 20 obliques, 15 reverse push-ups.

Yay me! 3 days....is it a habit yet? Not so much, but that's the trick - see, now that I've told you, I have to keep doing it. It's the psychology behind the thing. Let's just hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment