Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Rumba.......or not.

GET OUT OF MY FAT JEANS UPDATE:

My pants are feeling the tiniest bit loose. Not anything really noticeable mind you, but loose just the same. (I am considering it perfectly acceptable to condone hallucinations, if they are moving me in a positive direction.) I have been moving every day, and in a fit of zealous abandon, I bought an exercise DVD last night at Wal-Mart. I figured I deserved it. Heck, I've been doing it the old school way every day for over a week now - plus, I had just returned the second set of new bedding that I had taken home, put on the bed, and rejected. I usually get discouraged when my shopping is not successful. The way I see it, a new work-out DVD is much better than the pint of Ben & Jerry's I was eyeballing. So, I came home with FAT BUSTING LATIN DANCE- Guaranteed to slim you up and get you ready for the dance floor!

Note to self: I am NOT a Latin Dancer. Nor will I ever be a Latin Dancer. Even the Muffin couldn't handle it. ("What you doin' Ma? You look veeeeewy funny!" And here I am huffing and puffing, One TWO Cha-cha-cha. Three FOUR Cha-cha-cha.) About 15 minutes into our half hour work out, Lil' C and I threw caution to the wind and just danced it out. Even if I couldn't do the samba, that music sure lends itself to some interesting grooving. I taught the Muffin how to do the Running Man and the Sprinkler. I ended up breaking a sweat, which in the grand scheme of things, is the point, so I'd say the morning was a success. However, I believe I'm going to go back to some good ol' Billy Blanks Tae-Bo. I could actually keep up with him. Besides, it's nice to feel like I'm learning some moves that could be useful. If BabyDaddy acts up, I can just judo-chop him in the throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment