Sunday, August 2, 2009


I cry to you for help; I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary...” (Psalm 28:1).


Sometimes, when nothing makes sense, when you are tired and scared, when unspeakably horrific events rip you apart, you can do nothing else but cry out to God. And sometimes you can't even do that. I can testify to that from experience. I wasn't able to pray with a clear heart for some time after my brother died, but thankfully, I know that lots of other people were crying out to God on my behalf. So today, I am doing that for another family who has lost a son. A family from our church has spent the last two days waiting on the banks of a nearby creek for their son to be brought back to them. As far as I know, his body hasn't been found. A few moments ago, as I stood with a basket of laundry in my arms and watched my son dance to a song on TV, I thought about how much this family would give to be able to spend one more boring, uneventful afternoon with their son. A wave of thankfullness washed over me as I thought about how wonderful this day,and every day, with your family is. I pray that this family will find strength and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment