Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Thanks

I am thankful for overstock Egyptian Cotton sheets purchased for a ridiculously low price. I am thankful for Spider Man band-aids, who relieve pain, halt tears, and generally calm panic, while providing a fashionable alternative to the oh-so-blase' nude color bandages, that do none of the above. I am thankful that the 'People-Who-Stuff-Dead-Things' Convention is over, and BabyDaddy has returned to the family circle. I am thankful for video games, and the little clogging/tap dance jazz step that the Muffin does when he gets really excited while playing them. I am thankful for "C-isms"; little statements or remarks from the Muffin that send us into fits. Last night, BD and I were enjoying a movie, when around 11pm the Muffin comes careening out of his bedroom and jumps into our laps, eyes bright like he'd been awake all along. "Hey guys. What's up? Why you watching 'da movie wif-out me?" I replied, "Hey buddy! What are you doing?" to which he answered, "Weeeeell, I was as-weep, wike 'dis. (*He stiffens up and collapses like a bird shot out of the sky, closes his eyes, and commences an uncannily realistic series of fake snores, then sits back up abruptly), but now, I'm 'wake wif' you! Wanna pway toys?" I am thankful for finally getting to spend some time with Ames and the Family S. My fave Lil' Diva is like the playmate/babysitter from heaven - I love being able to walk in the door, and collapse onto the couch for gossip with Ames and snuggle time with the Lil' Cupcake as the Muffin is whisked upstairs to play. We planned to go to a neat little backwoods barbecue joint for dinner, but upon arriving found that Sunday evenings were booked out to the local Alcoholics Anonymous chapter. By that time, my mouth was watering so bad that I almost tried to slide in unnoticed. I figured I could catch on pretty quickly, "Hi, my name is Megan, and I'm addicted to pulled pork and cole slaw..." BD did not find this amusing, so we all packed up and returned to town for a (still quite enjoyable) dinner at another restaurant. I am thankful that with old friends, it doesn't matter how long it's been since the last time you've seen them; you can always pick up exactly where you left off. I am thankful for uninhibited laughter. I am thankful for Applebee's spinach and artichoke dip. I am thankful for today.

The Muffin acting like Daddy's squirrel. I told him he still needs to work on his "Run, run for your life!" look. It's just not very convincing...

No comments:

Post a Comment