Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Thanks


I am thankful for my son's sweet, toothy smile. Even if it means he has just painted the kitchen floor with his PB&J. I am thankful for a day at the state fair with my family. I am thankful for the Advil for my legs, the ice packs for my head, and the coffee for my brain on the day after a long day at the state fair with family. I am thankful for a BabyDaddy that still holds my hand....and holds my hair back when I feel like I'm gonna barf up that second corn dog after disembarking from very ill-timed roller coaster ride. (I'm also thankful that I actually held it all down -- Meggie: 1 Gag Reflex: 0) I am thankful for lemon shake-ups, (and deep-fried Snickers bars), roasted corn, (and frozen bananas), chocolate covered strawberries on a stick, (and ice cream in waffle cones) and powdered sugar on everything. I am most assuredly thankful for roomy pants. I am thankful for expensive games on the Midway with cheap prizes. (Who knew an inflatable pool, kiddie fishing rod, fake sharks, and $10 bucks could get you one super-cool plastic ninja sword?!) I am thankful for the innocent joy that only a funnel cake can bring. I am thankful for being poked awake at 3am this morning....

Muffin: "Hey. Hey! Hey Mom!"

*Feeling a small finger gently attempt prying open my eyelids.*
Me (very groggily): Ummm. 'Yes?'

Muffin: "Can we go back?"

Me: 'Back where baby?'
Muffin: "Back to 'dat fair."
Me: 'What does the number on the clock say?'

Muffin: "Ummm...Es says, 'phree, one, one."

Me: "Ask me again when it says eight, zero, zero."

Muffin: 'Kay Mom. Wuv you. See you in 'da mornin' time...'

:)

Fairs are good. I am thankful for fairs. I am thankful for today.







No comments:

Post a Comment