Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Thanks

I am thankful for Saturday road trips. I am thankful for the Muffin being potty-trained, even if that means that we have to stop 4,897 times in a one-hour time span. Apparently, peeing in a public restroom has become a bit of a novelty for the kiddo. This morning, we hit Cracker Barrel after church, (I could feel Mama's Pancake Breakfast congealing into cellulite on my thighs...), and BabyDaddy drew the short straw to take the Muffin to the bathroom. They had been gone about 10 or 15 minutes, and I was just about to go send in some recon to figure out what the heck was going on, when BD saunters out, a frantically sobbing Muffin thrown over his shoulder. "I wanna go pee again Mommy! I wike 'dat potty! I wealllly wike it!" BD said that they were playing some twangy country music in there, and the Muffin was bobbing his little head while sitting on the toilet. "Dis music is good Daddy! Watch me, I can dance and pee pee too! Who 'dis singin'? (Dolly Pardon) "Oh, Do-wy? I WIKE 'dis Do-wy!" You get the picture. Apparently, BD had to pry his little fingers off of the stall door in order to drag him back to the table. The joy of bodily functions. I am thankful for a great day at church - BD and I taught our very first Sunday School class today, can you believe it? At first, he tried to be all manly and nonchalant about the whole thing. That didn't last long. I caught him at the art table after our Bible Story debating the strong points of compound versus long bow, and discussing who harvested the biggest buck last year, with one (very opinionated) five-year-old. I was very proud of him. I am also thankful that the Muffin seems to have completely made himself at home in his class -- I saw him running down the hall past my room with his teacher, and was thinking, "Oh crap, once he sees me in here, he'll throw a fit to come in..." Instead, he just waved as he flew by, "Oh HEY Mom! Just need to pee-pee. I'll see you WAY-ter kay?!!!" And that was that. I am thankful that we all got to attend a super-cool 'spy' birthday party for my nephew - even though he Muffin hadn't had a nap and was quite cranky, on top of trying to commandeer all the birthday presents. I am thankful for a BD that will volunteer to brave Wal-Mart for our weekly grocery run, because I simply want to stay right here in my pajamas on the couch. I am thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment