Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dandelion Dances

Today, I danced in the dandelions with my son. We took off our shoes and socks, running out into the sunshine and chasing each other across the yard. "Bwow da fwo-wers Mama!" Lil' C screamed. "C'mon! Bwow da fwo-wers!" So we did. We took turns blowing dandelions up in the air, and then ran giggling through the falling petals. We counted them and then watched as they floated away. Then, I stepped in dog crap. (Yeah, bare feet remember?) That ended our Hallmark Mother's Day commercial.


After BD returned from his morning in the woods - he didn't get anything, thank goodness - we took the Muffin to the wildlife sanctuary, and then stopped by one of our local eateries for dinner. Not so good for GET OUT OF MY FAT JEANS - the restaurant fully abides by our popular southern truism: "If it ain't fried, it ain't food!" So, since I was good, and didn't have anything particularly terrible yesterday, we ordered some fried pickles. They were spa-LENDID. However, if you currently look at me from the side, you would assume that I am either about 4 months along, or have entirely too close a relationship with beer. Hey - at least I'm being honest. I guess this means that tomorrow is a rice pudding day. *GAG*

No comments:

Post a Comment