Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I hate 'Bikini Girl'. And by 'hate', I mean, "I want to jab her eyeballs out with my new knitting needles...)


Lil' C and I are lounging on the couch, watching Idol. Actually, I'm lounging on the couch, and Lil' C is counting down to blast-offs of various proportions. A hot wheel, a drumstick -- "Ready Mommy? Kay! Free, two, one, BWASTOFFFFFF!" Was that a plastic eggplant that just whizzed past my head? We're having a grand time.


It's been a long week already. The weather has continued to be nasty, everyone in the office is sick, yada, yada, yada.... In other fun news, I taught myself how to knit, (albeit quite crookedly, and very unevenly), I made a delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake, and I almost passed out donating blood at work -- picture with me, a large matronly woman in faded teddy bear scrubs and a smoker's cough, hacking out, "She's goin' down ladies, she's goin' down!" I tried to protest, weakly squeaking, "No, I think I'm fiiiiiinnnnneee..." as my vision started going all sepia around the edges. "Now honey," matronly smoker says, "don't you tell Marnie what Marnie done knows. Now you just lay back chile..." That's the last thing I remember before I inhaled a ragged breath of some hellacious bleach/Aquanet/Ajax/nail polish remover/liquid fire concoction that immediately brought me back to heel-kickin' life. "Now, take a deep breath girl, thataway..." I sputtered and coughed, somehow choking out,"I can't breathe, let alone deeply....ACK!" At least 3 lucky people got some blood, (and I got 4 hours of comp time), out of the deal.



Look! It's a whole row! (You can totally see that right?)



Oh yeah -- it was just as good as it looks.



The Sunday School teacher told him to pick out a face that looked like him. Yeah. Go figure.

This reminds me of the importance of balance - everyone needs a little Hulk to go with their heels you know.... (This reminds BabyDaddy that he needs to lock my closet, and get out his hunting boots again...)

No comments:

Post a Comment