Sunday, February 22, 2009

One stitch at a time....

It's another Sunday night. The Muffin is asleep, I'm curled up on the couch watching the Oscars, and BabyDaddy is out in his man cave debating the realistic quality of two rival brands of deer eyeballs. Another Sunday night, another weekend gone, another Monday ready to smash into my consciousness. Bah.

Friday, Lil' C and I made the trek home to God's country for my big family bday lunch. (I swear my birthday was like Hanukkah this year - it lasted forever!) We had a great time, even though the Muffin conked out before the guests arrived. Literally - by conked out, I mean we noticed it was suspiciously quiet, and then found him splayed out on the hardwood floor, mouth wide open, and snoring like a man twice his size.

This morning, it looked like someone had set up a snow blower outside my front door, but we pushed on and made it to church only ten minutes late - which for us is a miracle. We didn't really do much of anything productive after that - Lil' C decided that he wanted to "knit wike my Mom-mee", so he spent a great deal of the afternoon destroying what was once a perfectly decent skein of yarn.

Speaking of, I'm coming right along with my scarf. TRANSLATION: You can recognize that it is a scarf. At this point, I'm content to take that as an accomplishment.

Like I said, it's recognizable. You TOTALLY can't argue that. And you are not allowed to comment further anyway. The next one will be better!



Baby Daddy and I finally, after a week of "meaning to", started The Love Dare. We decided to read our daily 'dare' the evening before, because we knew we wouldn't have time to do it in our ridiculously crazy early morning routines. After the Muffin went to sleep, we sat down on the couch, turned off the tv, and got started. Day One's lesson? Patience. Wow - way to knock us on the head right at the start. Our dare for tomorrow is to not say anything negative to each other. Like, At. All. The first words out of my mouth were, "Are you serious?!" BabyDaddy said, "But how are we supposed to communicate?" Ahhhh, we have a way to go it seems.





And, just because it makes me smile.......




"I WIKE Ice-Cweam!"





No comments:

Post a Comment