Thursday, February 12, 2009

Even butt-heads deserve to be loved...

My guilty pleasure of the day was Lil' C falling asleep super early tonight. Not that I don't love to spend time with my kiddo when I can, but it was nice to be able to have some time to myself aside from the hour after I put him to bed before I collapse. BabyDaddy is out saving the world, so here I am blogging, watching the crazy 2-hour crossover Grey's/Private Practice, and making some fudgey brownies for BD. I'm as happy as an east coast clam. Tomorrow is Friday, Saturday is Valentine's Day -- can it get any better?


The bear is still here, although he's naked. BabyDaddy derobed him, the meany-pants. However, since BD isn't fortunate enough to be here this evening, he'll return home to find Mr. Fuzzybuns (I've christened him officially now) decked out in support of BD's favorite sports team - with the addition of some snazzy glasses, because it makes him look quite distinguished. I figure, heck, if I have to look at him every day, it might as well be entertaining, instead of just making me cringe.



American Idol has made it's triumphant return, as some of my other loyal readers have seen. (Have you been glued to the tube Ames?) I'll have to say I was quite disappointed with some of the choices in the Top 36. Norman/Nick?! Come on! However, I refuse to make a snap judgement - we shall see what happens now that the show is getting good and wound up.


In other news, I have decided that "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" is one of the best movies ever made. How did I not know that Bette Davis was so amazing? The only time I had ever truly seen her in a movie was in "The Watcher in the Woods". Have you seen it? It's fabulous! But anyway, back to Baby Jane. Normally, I just surf right over those old movie channels on cable that no one pays attention to. But Baby Jane was on last night, and being curious, I stopped to watch. I absolutely loved it -- Bette Davis was so perfectly evil!


My guilty pleasure just woke up. Now I'm trying to type with one hand wrapped around a chubby little body who is currently requesting 'more milk', and 'pway game on disney dot com pwease'. So, I'd better wrap things up. I'll leave you with my fresh-out-o-the-oven brownies - and yeah, he was being a butt-head, so he totally deserved it.


1 comment:

  1. Can you believe that one of my favorite movies from "The Big Show" era (on every day at 4:00 just as we got home from school on the late bus) was "Whatever happened to Baby Jane?" Didn't you love the scene when she brings in 'dinner' served on the lovely silver serving platter?

    ReplyDelete