Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Gave Up.


I had been reading like mad, trying to get all my library books finished before I started the new job in a new town, and so had been making myself wait to crack the cover of my brand-spankin' new copy of Twilight. Every night I would look at it longingly and then put it down - yes, it's true, I pine for a good book and a cup of coffee like the alcoholic pines for the bourbon. Hi, my name is Megan, and I'm a readaholic. **Applause**


Anyway, after seeing the movie, and listening to the soundtrack, I started and stopped three other books before I finally gave in and said, "All right! Crap! I'll read you!!" And so last night after Lil' C went to sleep, I snuggled up under my electric blanket with a mug of hot apple cider and fell into Twilight. It's not the type of book found in my usual repertoire - although I did, once upon a time, find myself obsessed with Ann Rice's "Interview with a Vampire" before she got all crazy and dark in her other books - but I like it so far. It's definitely an easy and quick read, but it's super long, so it should keep me occupied for the next couple of days. I'm sure once I'm finished, BabyDaddy will be heading back to the bookstore to get the next installment for me. (Did you hear that BD? It would make a lovely stocking stuffer if you're not done yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment