Sunday, December 7, 2008

Yay Me!

As a result of my newly acquired job, BabyDaddy treated me to a "Yay Me!" weekend. I had to work on Saturday morning, (the last of those, thank goodness!), but after I got home, he took me to the town Christmas Parade. As most of you can guess, this is a big deal -- BD would just about rather be anywhere than outside on a snowy sidewalk watching the county marching band play a barely-in-tune version of Jingle Bell Rock. The Muffin got to ride with my in-laws in their snazzy 1930's coup, so I insisted we go for moral support. He was so cute! Both he, and our nephew C-Al wore little matching Santa hats and threw hard candy at the unsuspecting spectators. We met up with Ames, Daddy J, and my fave Lil' Diva, (they're gluttons for punishment too), and conveniently set ourselves up right outside the local coffee shop. My dear Ames and I of course immediately demanded hot cocoa, for which the boys were more than happy to scamper inside into the warmth to get for us. Once the cold turned us numb, we had a delightful time, really - but I was happy to get home and thaw out. My lovely in-laws took the muffin on to spend some QT time with them at their house, and BabyDaddy and I got spruced up and headed out for a date night. We made our first stop at Best Buy, (I love you BD!), and picked up a new camera ---I hadn't got the chance to mention the unfortunate demise of my beloved Kodak Easy Share last weekend. Lil' C found it and was just a little too enthusiastic in his foray into photography. He pretty much broke it to bloody pieces. At the thought of the upcoming holidays and no camera, I began to hyperventilate, but luckily Mom found a fabulous deal at Best Buy, and I am, (thanks to BD and my Yay Me! weekend), the proud owner of a new Canon Power Shot! I love it! The pictures are amazing.






After our big purchase - which had BabyDaddy swooning a bit, I won't lie - we went to one of my favorite eateries, The Olive Garden. I had an absolutely perfect peach sangria along with my meal, and so was a bit giggly by the time we were finished and heading to the movies. I was so excited to see Twilight, as I have heard nothing but the most fanatic praise of both the movie and the book. I'll have to say, (don't shoot me), but I was a bit disappointed. I didn't really get into it until almost past the half-way mark. It all seemed a bit melodramatic for me. Lots of smoldering looks and biting of lips in teenage angst.....I was almost gone until they started fighting each other. THAT was kind of cool. Before all you Twilight friends of mine decide to boycott my blog, please understand that I didn't think it was a bad movie - just a little slow for me to get into. But I am obsessed with the soundtrack, and will be purchasing it on my next trip to the mall. BTW, in the midst of the movie, BD got a bad case of the "tummy upsets" and left the theater to go sit in the Trail Blazer. At least that's what he said....




Sunday, we had a leisurely morning. I worked on some Christmas crafts I had been meaning to get done, and ended up making a 'drum' for Lil' C out of an Oatmeal carton. It's amazing the things that interest kids - I bet he hasn't put that thing down all day.





We met up with the family S. again this evening to go look at Christmas lights. Dearest Ames, you know I adore you, but I believe I am going to start a closet hate group about your mini-van. We all decided to ride together in order to save money - you're charged by the car- and because of the way we had the car seats for the kiddos set up, there was a teeny-tiny opening between the web of seat belts and the door to get to the back seat. God love him, Daddy J had to lay down the seat to get our preggers Ames in, and then I had the joy of literally squeezing through the little seat belt semi-opening. I felt like Catherine Zeta-Jones going under the lasers in that Entrapment movie - only not near as attractive, and with no where near the butt. I had to exit the van in the same way, and Daddy J so helpfully pointed out that it looked like the van was giving birth. I'll have to admit, once we were all sardined in there, we laughed until our tummies hurt. Of course, the entire evening was narrated by BabyDaddy/Borat. (He found the DVD for $2 in a cart at Wal-Mart on Black Friday - no wonder they only wanted a couple of bucks. I would have paid somebody to take that crap.) "That-a veeery nice. I like-a you. That was-a great suc-seeessss!"

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I just have to give you another little tip... it is kind of like the lip gloss (oh, and I did tell you) the next time you go to Olive Garden you have to order the peach and berry sangria mixed together. They may look at you like you are crazy but tell them to mix them and you will never go back to just the peach. I promise!! It is great. I usually get a pitcher by myself and I fight anyone if they reach for it, yes the whole pitcher. Erik knows what is in store when we go to Olive Garden. Maybe next time you can go with us and we can share :)

    Oh and you have to tell me which camera exactly you got, cause I just told Erik that I wanted a new one cause Kodak is just so slow with taking pics that it drives me bananas and I told him I wanted a Cannon and told him that the one I picked out had been on sale and it was black and that is all I knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my darling -- we SO think alike! I think the peach-berry sangria sounds splendid. The next time you come to the city, we will share a pitcher!

    The camera is a Canon 1100IS Powershot. I love it!

    ReplyDelete