Friday, December 5, 2008

Let's Dance!!!

Cause I got a new job! Sorry to disappoint -- I got a ton of emails and messages asking if I was preggers again. However, this change may allow me to get started on that! This job has the potential to be amazing -- I will be working for the state, which means state retirement (Yay!), state health benefits, and most importantly, every bank holiday off! (I always did want to celebrate Flag Day....)

My hours are 8am to 4:30 -- no more nights and weekends -- I could just squeal! The responsibility is much greater than previous jobs I've had, so it makes me a little nauseous to think about it, and I will miss my friends here like crazy, but hopefully it will be wonderful. (Oh my gosh, Ames, what will I do without our mid-day jaunts to Applebee's for unlimited soup and salad?) I'm not starting until the first of the year, which is great; I get time to wrap things up here, and get through the holidays and our Disney trip.

I'll have to admit though, (and I know you'll all snark at me about this), the first thing I did after I got my job offer, (before I even called BabyDaddy), was to Map Quest the nearest library. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment