Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why I'm Happy Wednesday

Wednesday's are pretty crappy aren't they? You're close enough to the weekend to smell it, but still far enough away that those remaining days might as well be weeks. I generally abide by the life-rule that Wednesdays = Double YUCK. I figure if I set my expectations really low, I won't be too awfully disappointed. Today wasn't half-bad considering. In fact, I realized that there are several things today that made me quite happy, almost borderline giddy in fact. The first was that I have found the softest, jellyist/gel-iest (word police) flip flops on the planet -- that they only cost $1 at Michael's being an extra bonus --AND I slid them on in place of my not-at-all comfy work heels under my desk today, and so cushed around in sublime comfort for the rest of the afternoon.



The second thing is that my husband is finally feeling guilty about all the money he spent on that silly pile of metal in the garage and has offered both to keep the Muffin and Lady Jay's little JC tomorrow night so that Jay and I can have an evening to work out/gossip at the gym, AND is sending me on a self-imposed shopping trip for some new summer clothes. Since I've run off a few pounds, my current swim suit and I are experiencing a little butt-sag, which is never attractive, but I'm not complaining because saggy junk means a smaller trunk. Or something like that anyway.



The third thing is simply the Muffin in general. He never ceases to give my mood a huge jolt, even when a day has been wrong on SO many levels. Tonight was 'So You Think You Can Dance' night, and ya'll know this young 'un of mine loves to bust a move. Between his recent attempt at the for-real splits, back bends and his pointed-toe turns, he had me in the floor. "You wike my dancin' Mommy? I SUCH a good dancer. You wanna dance wike me don't you Mama?!" He even tried to help me fold a hamper of clothes on a commercial break. This basically meant that he perched on the back of the couch like a little spider monkey, snatching up random articles of clothing, hurling them into the laundry basket and screaming, "Socks in 'da basket!! I WIN! Shirt in 'da basket! I WIN!!! I SOOOOooo good at foldin' dese clothes!!" He even keeps track of who's turn it is on the computer. Unfortunately, it is apparently now his turn. A few moments ago he announced, "Umm, Mommy, I 'tink you been on comp-u-tah weally long time. 'EEet my turn now, kay?" He is sitting on my lap with our noses almost touching chanting, 'Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!' just like those annoying little sea gulls on Finding Nemo. I have been summoned my lovelies. Until next time..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment