Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Howd-ey pad-nah...." the Muffin growls as he sidles up beside me. We got him a cap gun today at Wal-Mart, and you would think the spirit of Jesse James himself had taken up residence in that boy. Although, I will say, it's a bit hard to act properly alarmed and distressed when the cowboy holding up the bank doesn't have on any pants. Tiny, multi-colored dinosaur print undies just don't inspire fear in me I guess... We had a lovely day - we went to our state capitol for some new letterbox adventures, and as always, we end up in the most random but usually fun places. And the highlight of the day? THE MUFFIN DID NOT PEE IN HIS PANTS. AT ALL. LIKE NOT ONCE. Can you tell I feel a bit like throwing confetti? Potty training is a many splendored thing. Or is that love? Ah, no matter. We had some fun finds and ended up at some hole-in-the-wall seafood place right on the river for dinner. Apparently, we all had legs on the brain -- I had crab legs, BabyDaddy had frog legs, and the Muffin had chicken legs. It was deliverance on a plate. The Muffin got an ice cream sundae for his potty faithfulness and we all left full and happy. Now we're hanging around at the house waiting for Mom to make an appearance. Apparently, she missed us so much she just couldn't stand it, and decided to drive up from God's Country for an impromptu visit. The Muffin has been tirelessly asking, "Where's Nana?" and "When is Nana coming?" and "Is Nana here yet?" so I'm really hoping it's soon, otherwise I might have to lock myself in my bedroom for a while....

A waterfall at one of our stops.

We found it!

We were hot on the trail of a letterbox when the Muffin pinched his nose and said, "Ew Daddy, es' smells wike doodie". Then we saw this sign. I would hope the smell would stop someone from swimming, and they wouldn't need the sign, however, there are a lot of dummies in the world....

Outside of the restaurant.

THE END.




**UPDATE -- Nana's here. My child is occupied. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment