Tuesday, December 15, 2009

*Teaser Tuesdays*

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. You can play too! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. --BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!-- (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




My Teaser: Catching Fire – By Suzanne Collins

Synopsis: (Taken From Amazon)
Every year in Panem, the dystopic nation that exists where the U.S. used to be, the Capitol holds a televised tournament in which two teen "tributes" from each of the surrounding districts fight a gruesome battle to the death. In the first book in the series, The Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, the tributes from impoverished District Twelve, thwarted the Gamemakers, forcing them to let both teens survive. In this rabidly anticipated sequel, Katniss, again the narrator, returns home to find herself more the center of attention than ever. The sinister President Snow surprises her with a visit, and Katniss’s fear when Snow meets with her alone is both palpable and justified.

Teaser:
“Can you save him?” I ask my mother. She says nothing as she wrings out the cloth and holds it in the air to cool somewhat.
“Don’t worry,” says Haymitch. “Used to be a lot of whippings before Cray. She’s the one we took them to.”
---pg. 112


Note:
I finished The Septembers of Shiraz last night, so the first time I cracked the cover of Catching Fire was just now, to find my teaser. I must tell you, I hands-and-feet-down LOVED The Hunger Games, which was the first book in this series, and I have been on the wait list at my library for this one for weeks and weeks. If this novel comes anywhere close to Hunger Games, I am sure I will be anxiously waiting for the third book, which is due out in August of 2010.

What are you reading? Leave a comment on this post and link back to your blog with a teaser of your own!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment