Monday, December 21, 2009

And it begins....

We had our first big family Christmas get-together with my in-laws over the weekend. The two smarmy adult boys - BD and BDB (BabyDaddyBrother) - in the family have both been called up to work on Christmas Eve, which is a total buzz-killer, and so we gathered up the kin on Saturday night instead. The Muffin was of course primed and in top form, having not had a nap, and so by the time he and my nephew unwrapped their bow and arrow sets, the entire family realized that we were all alarmingly on the wrong side of Indian law. Lucky for us, the Muffin’s aim leaves a bit to be desired, although my dear sister-in-law did take a shot to the forehead. The joys of Christmas, yes? I came out rather well I must admit. My two favorites: a Book Buddy from my mother and father-in-law, and a pair of ridiculously comfy Tempurpedic slippers from my brother and sister-in-law. (In fact, I spent a good deal of the latter half of the evening crammed into a corner of the couch, slipper-clad and with my latest read nestled charmingly into my new Book Buddy. I was very content.) Now, I’m trying to decide if I’m happy or sad that Christmas is only four days away. Not that I don’t love Christmas – I do, that’s the point. It just seems that by the time it gets here, it’s already gone. Most of the excitement for me is in the excitement itself. Once Christmas Day has passed, my outlook feels a little bleaker knowing I don’t have it to look forward to anymore. *Sigh* Ah well, I’m trying to enjoy these last few days. Tomorrow is ‘Bring-your-small-ones-to-work Day’ at my agency, and both the Muffin and I are beyond thrilled! He’ll get to hang out in my office with me, (hopefully being adorably well-behaved), watch movies with the other kids, and even hang out with Santa. Don’t worry, I am packing the portable DVD player, play-doh, and plenty of crayons and coloring books. I’m sure it will be quite interesting – I promise to take lots of pictures!





The Amazing Book Buddy --
I'm forever propping books up on pillows in my lap to read, but they always slide and fall. The solution: book buddies! You slide the front and back covers of your book under the ribbons, (they're adjustable for different sizes, hardback, paperback, etc.) and you're ready to go!
And who can resist Tempurpedic anything? I love that made-just-for-NASA foam stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment