Monday, October 22, 2007

Let's try this again

So, I actually had a post that I had written last night--but, somehow, my genius self deleted it, and so I said forget it and went to bed.

I drove home to Mom's this weekend since my hunter hubby decided to go tooling around the Wyoming woods in search of antelope. Is it terrible that I thought the antelope was an African animal? I'm such a pathetic excuse for a hunter's wife. I don't cook the meat, (heck, I don't even allow it in my house--it stinks!), I don't wear camo, I don't let him hang dead, stuffed little noggins in the house; and I REFUSE to sit out in some godforsaken wilderness and let my buttcheeks go numb on a metal seat stuck up in some crooked, shaky tree. No thanks. Not for me. (On an interesting side note--I am a mean shot with my bow. That's one thing the Baby Daddy did get me hooked on.)

We had a really fun weekend. My nephew was in, so he and the Muffin got to hang out and 'play' together. It was pretty sweet. My nephew kept wanting to get in the play-yard with the bebe'. They both behaved beautifully the whole weekend, and we were pretty much exhausted when we got home.












The little one started saying "Da-da", which was pretty ironic, considering the afore-mentioned absence of the Baby Daddy. He's going to be pretty upset when he hears about that. And all for some poor little four-legged target. (I did go to a Family Reunion while I was home, and one of my cousins from out west said that antelope are worse on the roads in Wyoming than deer are on the roads here--so, I'm not thinking that they chose a very challenging target...) As long as it gets there testosterone raging I guess...


I'm getting excited about the Muffin's first Halloween. He's going to be a lobster! And I'm going to dress up like a chef--we are just going to be the cutest things! I have to find him some red footie pajama pants and a red shirt to go on under his costume, which is proving to be a more challenging task than I bargained for. I'm thinking about just getting some red tights and not telling Baby Daddy. He would never know anyhow!


The Muffin is getting so big--he's learning all kinds of new things, which is so fun, but also sad in a way. He's so close to walking, and really starting to imitate more things, like sticking out his tongue and playing peek-a-boo. But my favorite thing by far, is him 'hugging' me as he goes to sleep. He wraps both arms around me, and it almost makes me an incoherant mess every time! There is nothing better than a sweet-smelling baby all nuzzled up against you. It is the most peaceful I've ever felt in my life.


And now, as I am running out of interesting and/or thought-provoking items to discuss, (and YES, the other items I have discussed were both interesting and thought-provoking...at least to me anyway...), I am going to eat a bowl of Cheerios and read--Until The Hills comes on anyway.


H--I promise, I'm going to take a look at this Facebook and see if I can make any sense of it! :)

1 comment:

  1. In the Caswell household the standing rule for wild game is:

    YOU KILL IT....YOU COOK IT. (and then you better get all the shrapnel off my countertop!)

    So far it has worked out pretty well. Todd only brings in the things that he likes well enough that he is willing to make the effort of cooking it. Pheasant is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete