Thursday, October 18, 2007

Been a while...

So, we made it back safely from NYC--and boy, can I just say it's good to be home!!! (And I SO mean that). The hubby and I had a good time, although we had to tough it out through a nasty cold--I had it the first few days, then I passed it off to Baby Daddy who suffered through the last half of the trip. Ugh. We still managed to walk our legs off, (I came home with some CRAZY blisters), and we saw and did everything we wanted except for walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. All things considered, we did really stinkin' good! We made appearances at the usual tourist 'hot-spots', and became old pro's at using the subway, which was actually kind of fun!



Meanwhile, back on the ranch, the muffin was keeping his Granny and Papaw on their toes. He did really well thankfully, with none of those alarming incidents that usually only happen when you are away from them. I was so glad to see him when we got back! Of course, he was asleep, and he got really mad when we woke him up and started screaming...but hey, it's the point. I didn't care what he was doing, as long as I was with him.


It's been good to get back into a routine--even good to be back at work! We just had the bebe's 9 month check-up this week--(he's in the 97th percentile for height, and the 90th percentile for weight; "a perfect ratio" says the doctor, not to be bragging mind you...). Our pediatrition gave us the go-ahead to start whole milk in his sippy. She said our 'assignment' was to have him completely weaned from his bottle by the time she saw us again in three months for his one year visit. We went over the whole, "it's a gradual process" thing, and were reminded "not to get discouraged" and "it may take a while". The next day, he went ALL DAY without a bottle. Nothing but milk in his sippy. And he acted like it was no biggie. (Apparently my husband misunderstood "gradual decrease", and told his mother "no more bottles" when he dropped the bebe' off for the day. I called the Pediatrician today to make sure this was okay, and she told me to thank my lucky stars. So I am. :) Oh--and as a sidenote, he figured out how to clap yesterday. He is now a patty-caking madman.


No comments:

Post a Comment