Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Grossed out


All right--if you don't want to feel the urge to toss your cookies, do NOT go to msn.com and read the featured report on "The Twelve Germ-iest Places". And don't continue reading. Oh my gosh. I've heard of course that the bottom of purses and diaper bags can get really yucky, and of course the handles of shopping carts, but do you really need to tell me how many millions of germs are on those things? And I heard some new ones too--the kitchen sink, (the drain, basin and faucet) and a wet load of laundry. This study found that there were more germs, (including that new antibiotic-resistant staph, and e. coli) in a load of wet underwear than in a public bathroom. You are supposed to run your whites through the was at least 150 degrees, (how are you supposed to check it?) and wash your hands thoroughly immidiately after transferring them over to the dryer. It makes me want to go take a scalding shower. Ugh.

Work was pretty calm today, which is such a wonderful thing after being so completely crazy for so long. We still have some staffing issues, which will hopefully be resovlved soon. We are so close to having the perfect team! Our office is like those Visa Check Card commercials--we run like a well-oiled machine, but throw one weirdo in there, and it knocks us all out of whack. Today we discussed our Halloween costumes--I'm pumped! I love dressing up every year. Speaking of costumes, I found some red bottoms for the Bebe's costume, and found a top tonight, but I'm not sure if it will work. I'm actually quite proud of myself for getting all of this together so far. I'm usually a last-minute person--working on stuff the day before I need it. It's nice not to feel so panicked! :)

He is snoozin' away--last night we had such a hard time. I had to work late, and so my babysitter, (aka Mother-in-Law) gave him a bath to help out. The only problem is, his bedtime routine every evening is dinner, bath, sippy cup, bed. When she gave him his bath at 5pm, he thought it was bedtime! So he sleeps from around 6 to 7:30. Not good. I get him down relatively easy once we got home around 8pm, but then he started waking up every half-hour or so. Then, at 11pm, he was UP. And i mean the miserable, rolling around, rubbing eyes kind of up. It was not pretty. I finally just laid him down in my bed and let him wallow around until he zonked sometime after midnight. Needless to say, I was a bit exhausted today. Hopefully we will have a better night tonight. So far, so good...

We went to Big Lots with bff AS and her crew this evening--what fun! My fave lil' diva was a blast!!! She was all over the place--I can't wait until the bebe' is big enough to play with her. I have a feeling she is going to be very maternal.... :) PS--I LOVE BIG LOTS. How is it that they can have the same products as places like Wal-Mart and Target, but charge way less?? Yay Big Lots!!!

I just realized that I haven't posted any videos of the bebe' for three weeks!!! What have I been doing?! Actually, I did have the intention of capturing him saying Ma-Ma, but I think my camera may have made a trip to Wyoming with the Great White Hunter. What a doodie-head. It's like having a little sister who takes all your cool stuff without asking. He wants my camera, he wants my iPod, he wants my 3 inch Ann Klein heels....geez!!! (Just kidding about the heels--although they are smashing, he hasn't yet stolen them. Making sure you're still with me.) I'm going to give him a stern dressing-down when he calls in tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment