Friday, October 26, 2007

God Bless the inventor of the Coat Hanger....

So, my nine 1/2 month old darling, precious baby boy decides to lock me out of the bathroom this morning. And he decided to do it while I was naked, frustrated, and 20 minutes late for work. Fun times! It's all my fault of course--but still, it's just the idea! The bebe' woke up around 2am and so instead of going to all the 'trouble' of walking/bouncing/rocking until I'm sure he's asleep and then returning him to his crib, I just put him in bed with me with his paci. He's out like a light. I know--I'm lazy. Well, since its so dark outside in the mornings, he doesn't want to wake up as early as he used to, and so I don't want to wake up as early as I used to. (Yes, yes, again with the laziness--at least I'm admitting I have a problem!!) I drag myself out of bed this morning around 6:30, knowing I have to take a shower, get ready, gather the various items that have to tag-a-long with the bebe' to his Granny's house, and get out the door by 7am. An impossible feat you ask? Nope! We do it almost every day. However, this morning after I get the little one settled in his walker in the bathroom and start the shower, I realize that I forgot to get a towel. So, I jaunt out to the linen closet to get one. At precisely the instant that I clear the threshold of the bathroom, I hear the door slam shut, and the bebe' start throwing open the cabinets and drawers. (That's his new favorite thing--we have GOT to get some of those darn cabinet locks for the bathroom!) I of course jerk around and try to open the door. It opens a fraction of an inch, hits the open drawer and stops. My heart begins to beat faster, and I started to get that tummy-dropping-shaky-hot-face feeling that you get when you know you are completely screwed. I began to frantically slam the door into the cabinets and call to the muffin. (I could hear him laughing behind the door, the little punk....) He thought it was all a grand game. Isn't that Mommy a hoot?? All the while, I'm thinking, "This could be real trouble here....should I call the fire department?" And, "Darn the baby daddy! This is all his fault! Leaving me here to get locked out of my own bathroom so he can go slaughter some poor defenseless, doe-eyed creature! Darn him!" I run to the closet and grab a wire coat hanger, which I twist around until I can get it through the door and grab onto the drawer. The first time, it slipped off the handle. The second time--jackpot!! I begin to slowly make progress.....it's almost there.....and SLAM! **Giggles behind the door*** I seriously start contmplating who would be least embarrasing person to call. I hear the drawer slam shut, and the bebe' toddling in the other direction in his walker. Needless to say, my heart didn't slow down for a while......

No comments:

Post a Comment