Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Back Hurts...

Mood--Exhausted
I'm Reading--Still pluggin' away at "For One More Day". (It's still good)
I'm Listening--Elliot Yamin, "I'll Wait for You" (I LOVE this song--and so does the husband, but I'll bet he wouldn't tell you....)

Why do babies fight sleep? I mean seriously--I would do a heck of a lot of things these days to get to just curl up and knock out for a while. I just spent the last half hour shushing, humming, rocking, bouncing, walking.... He finally gave up for the evening, but man! At least he's a pretty good sleeper most nights. It's just getting him there! The whole "bouncy" walking thing used to be a fine way of getting him off to Sleepytown, but, my son being a chunk muffin and all, I feel like sometimes I'm about one bounce away from throwing my back out! (And to all you "Let them cry it out Momma's--I swear I try, it just doesn't work....)

So anyway, this whole working late thing is getting ooolllllllllddddddd. I can't remember how I did it all the time before... It just really stinks because by the time i get home, it's Baby C's bedtime, (obviously that doesn't mean anything to him--if you've forgotton, refer to the above paragraph), and he's really not in the mood for any interaction other than the afore-mentioned bouncy, walky, rocky kind. I feel like I miss out. Regardless, you do whatcha gotta do, and by heck, I'm doin' it. I just hope it doesn't last much longer. Besides missin' QT time with Baby C, I miss my husband too! Talk about a balancing act--and I never was that good at time management..... :(

1 comment:

  1. I give all of my respect to working Mom's like you, I don't see how you do it and give you all my praise.

    ReplyDelete