Monday, July 30, 2007

I hope he knows...


Sometimes, I look at my son, and I wonder how he could POSSIBLY know how much he is loved. I just have to smile and shake my head sometimes--I know he doesn't realize how when I look at him, there are moments my heart swells up so big I think it will explode! Children make you realize you are capable of such depths of feeling! I'm reading "For One More Day", by Mitch Albom, (I got stuck on him after "The Five People You Meet in Heaven") and I LOVE the following passage; it describes just how I want my son to describe me when he's older:
"She wasn't easy on me, don't get me wrong. She scolded me.
She punished me when I needed it. But how she loved me.
She really did. She loved me falling off a swing set.
She loved me stepping on her floors with muddy shoes.
She loved me through vomit and snot and bloody knees.
She loved me coming and going, at my worst and at my best. She had a bottomless well of love for me..."




I hope someday, he'll know.


No comments:

Post a Comment