Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Thanks

I am thankful for a warm lap dog on a cold night. (Even if said dog has ridiculously awful breath and sheds like cheap shag carpet.) I am thankful for family group hugs, which the Muffin has begun insisting on before he goes to bed, or gets in the bath, or changes clothes, or goes to the potty. One can never, EVER have enough group hugs. I am thankful for a Halloween costume that can transform a giggly, dimpled boy into a brutish, snarling super hero who leaps off to save the world, complete with face mask and realistic padded abs. I am thankful for crafts made in Sunday school. "I made 'dis for YOU Mommy! Look, 'es a flower! Did you know 'dat GAWD made 'da whole Earf? He made 'da rocks, and 'da gwass, and 'da rain....." I am thankful for the changing leaves and the smell of wood burning fireplaces. I am thankful for the Muffin's frog hat, because it never fails to make me smile. I am thankful that llama spit is not hazardous. BabyDaddy had a most unfortunate incident involving a rather grumpy alpaca at our local pumpkin patch. Suffice it to say that yes, they DO spit. (And they have bloody good aim.) I am thankful for laughter. Lots and lots of laughter. I am thankful for today.


It's finally cold enough to bring out the frog!
He's just a farm boy at heart. All anyone ever really needs is a good pedal tractor.

Okay, so it was cute at first with the kissy noises and all, but I don't think the llama was really digging on it. I tried to warn BD. He never listens.

"Seriously," I tell him. "I don't think he likes what you're doing. He looks kind of mad. You should probably leave him alone."

*SPIT*

That's BD's head off to the side there. Apparently those babies pack a punch! (Can you see all the little mushy bits of the ice cream cone full of grain that we had just fed him?)

1 comment: