Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Weak of heart, turn away. (This means you Mom) TMI to follow...

I am a wanton hussy. Correction -- I am a wanton ANGRY hussy. Last night, I was lusting after my husband, and I got REJECTED. To hear him talk, or rather, whine most of the time– you would think he hardly got any action at all, so imagine my surprise at the following exchange last night:

Me: **Yawn** Well, I’m headed to bed…

BabyDaddy: (Deeply engrossed in Perfect Dark on Xbox 360) Okay.

Me: Ahem. I’M. GOING. TO. THE BEDROOM.

BD: Yeah, okay. G’night. Love you.

Me: All right, well, do you think you’ll be following sometime soon?

BD: Headshot – yes!! Crap, who the heck is sniping me??!! (frantically waving his controller in the air) Oh, sorry babe, what did you say?

Me: **Rolling Eyes** Are you coming to bed any time soon?

BD: Oh, yeah. I’ll be right in.

********
Determined to wait up for him, I take my book with me and read for a good 45 minutes until I finally hear him shut off the TV. He comes in, brushes his teeth, gives me a chaste peck on the forehead, a “love you Meg”, and then promptly turns over on his side. Excuse me??!!! I clear my throat, thrash about a bit, and then give an enormous huff/sigh. Nothing. Not a darn thing. I roll over and cuddle up to his back. Then, the line that I LEAST expected to hear:

BD: Megs, I’m tired.

That’s it?! I’M TIRED?? I’M FREAKING TIRED??!!! I punched him in the shoulder, told him he wasn’t getting any for the rest of the MONTH if I had anything to do with it, and went to the living room to watch Law and Order reruns. Of course this morning, he sheepishly apologized and tried to make amends, to which I said “No Dice”. Let him just try to live this one down. I do not forget easily mister.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me...it has happened to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the way it always works? You want it they don't. they want it you don't. I guess life will go on though...huh!

    ReplyDelete