Friday, July 18, 2008

I Kissed a Girl (Not really)

If I didn’t think everyone would believe I was a raging bisexual, I would SO make “I Kissed a Girl” my profile song on MySpace. Unfortunately, it would, so alas, I just have to sing along whenever it’s on the radio. Yes, I know it’s trashy (haven’t we already established that I don’t mind a modest bit of trashiness every now and again?), and yes, I realize that it’s not quite the song an upstanding young mother should enjoy, but it’s so bloody addictive!!! ***lalalala – I kissed a girl and I liked iiiiiitttttt*** I can’t get it out of my head! (Don’t you think for a SECOND that I’m going to let you off the hook – I’m going to YouTube and posting the darn video here just as soon as I’m done with this. Then you can have the stupid thing stuck in your head all day…) I find myself singing it at the most inopportune times – during the offering at church, meetings at work…. The other day I was humming it while waiting for my chicken biscuit at Chick-fil-A, and then caught myself as the cashier gave me my change. “It’s okay,” she said, giving me an empathetic smile, “I get that one stuck in my head all the time too…” Thanks Janine – at least I know we’re in this together!

BD and I are trying to make plans for the weekend. Well, truthfully, I’m trying to make plans for the weekend, and will notify BD of my decision when I reach it. I haven’t seen Mom for weeks and weeks it seems, but we can’t travel to the country, as BD has to work Sunday. Plus, it’s Jesus-Time down there. The annual revival has been going on all week, and will probably continue through the weekend. For those that are a bit rusty on your SCC (Southern Conservative Christian) lingo, a revival is a weeklong smorgasbord of preachin’, singin’, and eatin’. I haven’t heard of any of our churches here in the city having revivals (let me know if you do – maybe my church is just slacking). Trust me, if you’ve never been to one, and by “one”, I do mean the WHOLE revival – every night, the whole week – it’s quite an exhausting event. So, Mom and the gang wouldn’t really be able to hang out much anyhow. All that being said, I really need to clean the house; I’ve actually been pretty decent at keeping everything picked up until the last couple of nights (Big Brother, Last Comic Standing, and So You Think You Can Dance all had their elimination shows), but that can be taken care of Sunday when BD is at work. Lord knows I’ll be bored as crap then….. **Sigh**

No comments:

Post a Comment