Monday, June 30, 2008

A little peeved at our County Government...

Screw trans-fats. And trashy girls, and the Gravitron. We set out Friday evening after I got home from work, suitably attired, myself in a strappy tank and Capri's, (I just couldn't bring myself to roll out in the cut-offs), BabyDaddy in some Bass Pro Shop/hunting t-shirt, and the Muffin in a muscle-man/wife beater, (it’s a shame he hasn’t any back hair –tee-hee!). We were READY. We pulled up to the entrance gate, and then stopped dead. “Are these people crazy??!!” I heard BD yelp. As I turned to see what the fuss was about, I saw it. A huge sign, red letters blaring, $10 PER PERSON. After a brief discussion, we decided we would just go be trashy someplace else. What happened to the days of $6 fair admission?! I told BD we would just wait for the State Fair. It costs less, and is a whole lot bigger, (more opportunities to both be and observe the trashiness). So, no county fair this year. We went to O’Charley’s instead. Thank GOD I had a cardigan in the Trailblazer (and didn’t wear those cut-offs), and packed a decent change of clothes for the Muffin.

T-Minus 4 days until our departure!!! If I could jump up and dance on my desk without flashing my unmentionables at everyone coming into the building (darn you crazy huge window), I certainly would. My attention span is already shot to heck. I keep revising and rewriting my shopping and packing lists in my head. (Will I really need one of those floppy beach hats? Probably not, but they’re so cute and sophisticated! How may pairs of shoes will fit into our big suitcase? Maybe I should pack a spare to be safe…) Etc. Etc. Etc. I only have to make it through today, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I took a half-day on Thursday, and then we’re off Friday (Happy Birthday America!). THEN – we’re outta this place!!!!!! I’m coming Ocean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment