Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tick-Tock....

In ten days, I will be on the beach. In ten days, I will be on the
beach. In ten days, I will be on the beach.


Can I make it that long? Not so sure. And worse yet, what will I have to count down to when I come back? That's another question for another day. A day exactly seventeen days from now, so I'll work on that bridge when I get there. I am so excited to be going away -- Anywhere "away" is acceptable, however, being away at the beach is especially exciting. I can't wait for the little guy to see the ocean! Of course, like most other kids, he'll probably be scared of the waves, hate the sand, and after half an hour of intense bubbly-ness from me, ("But honey, look at this totally cool jagged shell!!!" "Don't you just LOOOVE this sandcastle??!!"), the Muffin will demand to be taken to the hotel pool forthwith. Thank God I sprang for a place that had a lazy river.

I just finished another Marian Keyes book, and I LOVED IT. She is my guilty pleasure. And I ADORE the fact that she's Irish. I've been saying things like, "Bloody hell!" and, "You shagging well BETTER get to your room mister!". Needless to say, BabyDaddy thinks I've gone mad, and looks at me cross-eyed every time I say another lilting Irish slang word. (Who would have guessed that talking like you're Irish would be so enjoyable?!)

1 comment:

  1. After you are back you can look forward to meeting your new cousin from Canada! Arriving in KY August 16th.

    ReplyDelete