Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yay for Fall!











I think I've mentioned it before, but I LOOOOOVE fall! We went to the Apple Orchard today, and had a simply fabulous time. Among other things, we rode a camel, (and a pony -- you know how Lil' C is about those ponies), got to pet a zebra, crawl through a straw maze, and watched some racin' pigs. (I got a video just for you Mom! Bless her heart, she was so disappointed when there weren't any racing pigs at the fair this year...) Lil' C was just plumb exhausted when we left, and promptly fell asleep in the car on the way home. BabyDaddy and I spent the rest of the afternoon putting out some fall decorations. Did I mention he bootlegged a design for a pumpkin lamp? It's just a plywood box with a jack-o-lantern cut into it and a light inside. We saw one at the festival we went to last weekend - it's one of those Primitive type decorations that I love, but BD refused to pay $20 for it and insisted he could make one on his own. He did a really good job, except for the fact that we got the dimensions a little bit wrong. The thing is huge! I'll post a pic when he's done with it. Other than the fact that it looks like it could eat a small child, I think it's lovely! And it's a welcome respite to see him working on something that doesn't smell like it needs to be hauled off by the Dead Wagon. (Those of you who aren't from the country won't know what the Dead Wagon is -- and don't ask. You wouldn't want to know anyhow.) I WOULD have a husband who thinks mounting dead animals is tantamount to art.
Things could be worse I suppose -- and he is generally good, so I try to just stay out of the garage. Anyway, we had a good weekend, and I'm already about half-sick thinking about my alarm going off in the morning. It's always fun to get to hang out with Lil' C all weekend. BabyDaddy and I laugh to watch how he is changing as he gets older. You can definitely tell that he has a bit of us both in him. He picks up every minuscule particle of dust/dirt/food that he finds on the floor and will bring it to you. "Trash Mommy, yuck." (That's BabyDaddy's extreme distaste for dirt shining through.) I tend to buy lots of cute decor items for our house, and then never do anything with them, because I can't decide where to hang/sit/set up anything. You know those primitive stars that everyone hangs on the front of their houses? Well, I picked up an adorable small set of them for inside, but have never decided what to do with them. Last night, Lil' C got them out and went over to the wall. Baby Daddy and I almost peed our pants watching him. He would say "Here!", and place one of the stars on on the wall. Then he would move it a fraction of an inch higher. "No, Here!" Then he would go across the room to another wall. "No, Here!" God love him, he's going to grow up to be indecisive just like me!


No comments:

Post a Comment