Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Ain't nothin' gonna hold me down..."

This is a cussin' moment right here ya'll. (When I get angry, my Southern roots start findin' their way out of the ground and into the sunlight.) But, my Mama reads this, bless her heart, so I will refrain. But that doesn't mean that I'm not really angry. Actually, it does -- because now, I'm not angry anymore. Now, I'm just determined. If you can't tell, I had a darn crappy, pretty near disastrous day at work. I don't normally blog about my job, because I don't want to waste one more milisecond than I have to on it. Most days, it is tolerable. Some days, it is even rewarding. Today, it was none of the above. I won't go any further, cause Lord knows who all is reading this thing, but suffice it to say IT. WAS. NOT. GOOD. Anyway, I got in my car after leaving, (10 minutes late -- par for the course), and I turned on my 'angry' music. This is the most ol' school, ghetto rap that I have access to. To look at me, you would never suspect I have a closet obsession with Notorious B.I.G., but he rocks my world. (My brother would have been so proud.) So, I plugged in my iPod, scrolled over to "Hypnotize", and became a duck -- I just let it all roll off. To his credit, when I called BabyDaddy in a panic threatening to walk out of my office, and asking him to check our account balances and see how long we could survive, he immidiately packed up Lil' C, and came to my rescue. We had a delightful, but painfully short lunch, followed by some playtime in the children's section at the local library. Then, when I got home tonight, he had dinner ready and had baked me my favorite cake. (Yellow with white icing and rainbow sprinkles if you really want to know). Aww, shucks, THAT'S why I married him! :) So, now, it's all better. Life is too short to waste time being angry.

1 comment:

  1. I so feel for you. I remember those days at work all too often. And yes, I too would call Mr. Pooh and say "I'm quitting!!!". What is it about that place that can make a person so mad and bitter?

    ReplyDelete