Friday, August 29, 2008

Send them up...

For those of you who pray -- take a moment for my Uncle Doug. He is currently in an intensive care unit in Florida, heavily sedated and on life support. He has had some heart issues in the past, and I don't believe had been taking his medication regularly. Last night he went into both heart and renal failure. If you don't pray, send thoughts to our family.

Uncle Doogie is a man you will not forget quickly if you happen to meet him. He is as tall as a tree --well, really about 6'5' or 6'6. As a child, I thought he was a real life giant. He was always ready with a hug for everyone, (which made for some awkward moments with my new boyfriends), and quick to laugh. So today, I may physically be here, but my heart is in Florida. To Aunt Alana, Alex, and Hannah, I love you, and I'm thinking of you constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment