Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fried biscuits are my new favorite food....

Finally – after weeks and weeks of waiting, I got my trash on. Yesterday, we went to the State Fair! BabyDaddy and I played our “I-Spy-a-Redneck” game. (I won – I saw 3 mullets, 4 exposed butt-cracks, 2 fanny-packs, and a group of four “ladies” with bosom tattoos, cups of beer, and fluffy pimp hats.) I ate -- and not necessarily in this order -- a HUGE corndog, French fries, ice cream, grilled sweet corn, a fried biscuit with apple butter, and cotton candy. In order to achieve this feat, I ate neither breakfast nor dinner. If I had, I think my stomach would have exploded in protest. As it was, I still made myself sick. It was great! My mom and step-daddy-o met us there with my nephew. The boys sat in a wagon together all day, and were surprisingly well-behaved. Sort of. The big thing was who could touch who and get away with it the most. Lil' C would hit Kelt’s leg.. Then Kelt would hit Lil' C’s leg. So on and so forth. Other than this the only other issue was that they each had to have everything that the other had – Grandpa J had to pay for two "pick-up" ducks in order to win two batman dolls. Grandpa J also had to fight for two rubber balls at one of the shows. (He seemed to have handled the bulk of the boys’ requests, along with pulling their wagon all day.) They loved the animals – Lil' C was jumping down the aisle of stalls like a lit firecracker. Sheep! SHEEP! Baaaaa! Baaaaa! Cows! Mooo! Ducks!!! Woooooow – Cool! He fought sleep the whole ride home, and just as I thought we were going to be in for a long night, he conked out at the entrance to our subdivision. I actually had the chance to read a few chapters of my new book, and whine alternately about my feet throbbing, legs burning, and tummy aching. (BabyDaddy had the Outdoor Channel on, so I’m sure the encouraging nods, “uh-huhs”, and “I knows” weren’t quite sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment